Tuesday 31 December 2013

Lansquenet-Dwarf Bidenhänder Swordplayer 1 finished.

Hiho and greetings!

Last day of the year and last opportunity to be true to my word.
A promise was made that the Lansquenet-Dwarf Bidenhänders will be the first to get reinforcements so I used the time before the holidays to sculpt a first trooper called "Schwertspieler 1" (Swordplayer 1).

As the other Bidenhänder Dwarfs his upper body is clad in solid dwarven steel, his helmet is a rare cabasset, or "Birnhelm" in german language. To sculpt such a helmet was inspired by a fellow called Fernando, who contacted me with some ideas concerning Lansquenet Dwarfs.
The sculpting again was done with BeeSPutty, the sword was sculpted and than cast in resin to have some copies to convert so that I do not have tosculpt each sword anew.

Here is what the "Lansquenet-Dwarf Swordplayer 1" looks like:


He is the first of 6 Swordplayers I plan to release in the next couple of months. Number 2 is already more than half done and will be revealed as soon as I get him finished.


8 comments:

  1. Fernando here... I never dreamed!
    Great, great, great figure, truly lifelike. The full set will surely be a classic!
    Many congratulations on your work and thanks from a grateful gamer.
    Do me a favour: have a really great 2014!
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful 2014 to you too and thanks for the kind words. :-)

      Delete
  2. Excellent news! I'm looking forward to seeing (and ordering) the other 5 models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am looking forward to see my miniatures painted by such a talented hobbyist like you. To me it is one of the greatest rewards to see how other enthusiasts "interpret" my miniatures with their painting.

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Also looks like our ranges are going to be very compatible (judging by the style for this figure and the other dwarves that I've bought from you).

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool minis have you taken a look at salzburg's dwarves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never seen those before. Some nice looking Dwarfs, thanks for the hint.

      Delete